Medication Therapy Management for Medicaid Beneficiaries
As of April 1, 2017, Medicaid beneficiaries in the state of Michigan are now covered under Medication Therapy Management Services (MTM)! This is huge my Phriends On the Pharm! MTM services will improve your knowledge of the medications you take, help to decrease adverse events, and communicate with your prescribers on possible action plans!
Haven’t you always wanted to become more knowledgeable of the medications that you put into your mouth everyday sometimes 2-3 times a day?
Haven’t you always wanted to have more control?
The answer is here!! Michigan Medicaid MTM!! Click to Schedule Comprehensive Medication Review
According to recent Medicaid Policy: “MTM services are face-to-face consultations provided by pharmacists to optimize drug therapy and improve therapeutic outcomes for beneficiaries. Beneficiaries may elect MTM as an optional service provided by participating pharmacists. These services will be paid through the Fee-for-Service program for beneficiaries enrolled either in FFS or in a Medicaid Health Plan. There is no cost-sharing responsibility to the beneficiary for the MTM service.”
Let Medication Education Work for You
At Phun On the Pharm this is what our pharmacists do! We offer a Phriends Empowerment Package!
This outstanding comprehensive package is broken up into five parts:
- Medication Therapy Review: We perform a comprehensive review of all medications; prescriptions, non-prescriptions, supplements, vitamins, eye drops, inhalers, etc. The purpose is to identify, resolve, prevent, medication-related problems, including adverse drug events.
- Development of a Personal Medication Record: A comprehensive portable document to take to doctor appointments. This tool is used to self-mange medications and to improve continuity of care about multiple providers.
- Medication-Related Action Plan: This is a plan that we provide to you. You use this to assist in optimizing self-management of your medications and making positive lifestyle changes.
- Recommendations and Referrals: Recommendations encourages patients to use appropriate health care services to prevent adverse outcomes. During this step the pharmacist implements strategies to improve adherence, administers vaccines, and includes recommendations to the provider, if needed.
- Documentation and Follow-up: Appropriate documentation is essential in evaluating patient progress and meeting billing requirements. A chronological record of the pharmacist’s care, provided in a standard format such as a SOAP note is included.
To be eligible for MTM services, the Medicaid beneficiary must not be eligible for Medicare Part D and are taking a medication to treat or prevent one or more chronic conditions on the list:
List of Chronic Conditions for MTM Eligibility
|Alcohol Use Disorder||Heart Failure|
|Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders or Senile Dementia||Hemophilia|
|Anemia (Includes Sickle Cell Disease)||HIV Heart Failure
|Bipolar Disorder||Ischemic Heart Disease|
|Cancer – All Inclusive||Lead Exposure|
|Cataract||Liver Disease, Cirrhosis and Other Liver Conditions (except Viral Hepatitis)|
|Chronic Kidney Disease||Obesity|
|Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Bronchiectasis||Osteoporosis|
|Cystic Fibrosis||RA/OA (Rheumatoid Arthritis/Osteoarthritis)|
|Diabetes Mellitus||Schizophrenia, Schizotypal, Delusional, and Other Non-Mood Psychotic Disorders|
|Depression||Stroke/Transient Ischemic Attack|
|Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) (while on anticoagulation)/Pulmonary Embolism (PE) (chronic anticoagulation)||Substance Use Disorder|
|Glaucoma||Tobacco Use Disorder|
Is there someone you know that could benefit from this service? Is it you, a relative, or a friend?
These services will assist in alleviating fears of medication use, decrease non-adherence, and decrease adverse events. Our services prevent hospitalizations, prevent hospital re-admissions, and improves your quality of life!
Contact us at www.phunonthepharm.com.
Self Love Yourself, What is More Important Than You?!