Do You Have a Positive Medication Experience?
Don’t you want to understand how your medications work in your body to help you feel better, live longer, have more control of your health condition, and have more control in your life?
Your medication experience is your beliefs and feelings about your medication regimen. The more positive your experience the better outcomes you will have managing your health condition.
Positive medication experiences decrease hospital re-admissions, decrease stress, increases happiness, and increases your quality of life.
Drug Related Morbidity and Mortality is a National Crisis
1 out of 4 hospitalizations is due to a drug therapy problem.
Over 27% of adverse drug events in elderly patients are preventable.
60% of people cannot identify their medications.
20% of patients take other people’s medications.
What is Medication Therapy Management Services?
- Solution to pain and suffering caused by inappropriate use of medications
- Assessment of effectiveness, safety, and appropriateness of all your medications
- Development of care plan to address any issues
- Communication of plan to prescriber
- Assist in keeping patients out of the hospital
- Decrease health care costs
- Resulting in positive medication experience
Dr. Uchenna is extremely smart and helpful. She helps me understand my medications and is very patient with me.
Dr. Uchenna helped me decrease my blood sugar. I now check my sugar every day.